Me and my sis on aunts first farm.

Me and my sis on aunts first farm.
Shelley and Jolene learn to farm early on!

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Now here we are...

So, getting back to the planning process...not really much farther ahead then I thought I would be after my trip to Alberta. Unfortunately,still dealing with the extremely frusterating process of securing a loan. The bank in Vancouver suggested I talk to the bank in Alberta, and that bank in Alberta told me I should come back and deal with the bank in Vancouver. But as of yesterday, I have finally filed an application, and hope to get some kind of an answer next week.The problem seems to be that I have land with a mobile home on it and thats not easy to finance. I have tried to prove that this home is anchored to the property, being there 30 years and with two major additions to the home, however, the bank still thinks Im going to drive away with the thing...lol. Like I said, we will see. The whole project has been scaled back and reality has set in about how much Im going to be able to accomplish before winter. The glorious dream of purchasing a new home has been scraped, and in return, Im offering to purchase Elfreide's mobile and renovate the place. That is still going to be a quite a job, might even be more then I think once the inspection has gone thru, but hopefully, if I do things right, I should have enough money to install the ground source heating before the winter freeze. As long as I install a system that can accomodate another small home, I can take my time and bring in a new building when Im ready, financially that is. Other then that, I just need enough money to buy a snowmobile, then Ill be able to enjoy all that Alberta snow!
I have some videos from my last trip but Im still working on the downloading process, apparently Im not smarter then a fifth grader...

No comments:

Post a Comment