Me and my sis on aunts first farm.

Me and my sis on aunts first farm.
Shelley and Jolene learn to farm early on!

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

the new year...

Well, today I decided to treat myself  to a trip to the laundromat in town!! Thats a big deal for me...lol. I have a wash machine at home, and dont mind hang drying my clothes, in fact most of them I hang dry already. But sometimes you just want a nice soft towel. So after spending most of the day outside, I decided to take my washed clothes into town and fork over the four dollars to use the dryers. Thats how the pioneers did it, you know...lol.
 The last couple days have been very mild so I have taken the time to prepare for the next snowfall and right after that, the cold snap. That of course means chopping lots of wood, aliilte extra shovelling around a the gates to make for easy access when the snow comes and moving a large hay bale for the animals. Due to my poor planning, the hay I had delivered in the fall was placed in a corral that the lamas could not get into. Unfortunately, neither could the neighbours tractor, due to its narrow gate. This would not have been such a problem in the summer, however with two feet of snow, it becomes abit of a challenge. So a large part of today was spent, first, shovelling it out of the snow, then shovelling a large enough path to roll the bale towards the gate so that the forks of the tractor could reach it. Then, getting that thing rolling which was no easy feat.  After that it was smooth sailing, thanks to Pete, my favorite neighbour. But, as much as you can probably guess, those bales are HEAVY. Thank goodness I covered it with a tarp in the fall and it wasent completely frozen.
So thats the start of my New Year. One more challenge presented, one more challenge accomplished!!

No comments:

Post a Comment