Me and my sis on aunts first farm.

Me and my sis on aunts first farm.
Shelley and Jolene learn to farm early on!

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

So like usual, its been awhile since my last post and in that time, many more adventures. First was witnessing the beautiful lunar eclipse that took place on the eve of winter solstice. I was just getting home from work, alittle after one am that night, so it was perfect timing to get bundled up, make myself a hot chocolate and bailys and head out with the dogs. The eclipse was just starting and there wasent much going on at first, but the stars were incredible and I just stood there in the dark and breathed it all in. I went in and out of the house to warm up several times but was thrilled each time I came back out and the moon was slowly disappearing in the sky. Once it came back out of the shadow, it seemed so bright, almost blinding. It looked like someone was shinning huge flood lights on my lawn. Definitely happy I was in the country to experience this once in 400 years eclipse.
Iv also had the joy of digging for my missing cell phone in a large snowbank (insert sarcasm here). Without realizing it, I dropped my cell phone while taking my bags out of the car. Thinking I had left it at work, I head into town the next day to pick it up. As I drove to work, I passed one of my neighbours going to plow my drveway.  When I got to work and discovered it wasent there, all I could hear in my head, was the sounds of the plow crushing my cell phone in the snow....lol. By the time I got back to the property, the plowing was complete and all that was left to do was pick a snowbank and start shovelling. Well I thankfully picked the right spot and after at least an hour of sifting thru the snow, actually found my cell phone, slightly frozen but still working. It had spent almost 20 hours in the snow. Way too go Samsung!
Last little adventure came over christmas. I knew Id be missing my friends this time of year, but was also looking forward to a quiet country christmas with Elfriede. I had gone into Edmonton on the 23rd to spend the evening at Patricks family dinner, work during the day of the 24th and then picked up and brought Elfriede back to the farm, only to find that the water pipes had frozen up. I immediately went around back of the trailer, to the pipes access crawlspace and turned on the small heater I had there for this very reason. I had some distilled water for drinking and cooking but was running low, so I ended up melting snow on the stove in order to wash up and flush the toilet. The pipes were running again by mid afternoon on the 25th, but gotta tell you, it felt like a pioneer christmas!!
Im going to be working this year for New Years Eve. Im not too sure what to expect out here in Onoway, but hopefully Ill make alittle money and have some fun at the same time. Could be an interesting nite:)

No comments:

Post a Comment