Me and my sis on aunts first farm.

Me and my sis on aunts first farm.
Shelley and Jolene learn to farm early on!

Friday, November 25, 2011

whats it been... a month???

Okay, the only excuse I can give is...too many damn animals to look after!! well that and the computer and I dont get along...lol. I seriously try sooooo hard to be consistant with my entries, but... well.. Im not...lol. Things might be easier soon, the turkeys are off to slaughterhouse tomorrow and the pigs next week!! Its been a tough winter so far, having to haul water and feed those buggers since the snowfall, and those turkeys are darn right crazy, so Im looking forward to being rid of that chore. But, non the less I was feel alittle sad, feeding the turkeys their last meal this morning. They have driven me crazy the past 2 months but now when Im about to kill them, all I can think about is when they were cute little yellow chicks and I raised them from babies. Its crazy!!! Tomorrow is going to be quite an experience, loading up 35 turkeys to head out to the Hutterite colony for buthchering. First time Iv ever said that....

No comments:

Post a Comment