Me and my sis on aunts first farm.

Me and my sis on aunts first farm.
Shelley and Jolene learn to farm early on!

Thursday, September 8, 2011

back to business...

Well, I finally had the chance to leave the farm and go camping for 4 days!! I know it sounds weird to leave 20 acres of forest and a fire pit to drive several hours to a different forest, and a different firepit, but it was a much needed break, let me tell you. Sitting around my fire is always good, but I still have chores on my mind and cant fully relax. 3 days in wicked sand dunes, along the lake with 3 quads, feels like more of a holiday to me. Of course, I was a hurting unit when I came home, every muscle sore and a long list of chores in front of me wasent ideal, but definitely worth the adventure!! Sept. is one of my favorite months and now that I was able to blow off some steam, I am re-focused and motivated to buckle down and get ready for winter. The weather is amazing right now, so it is giving me lots of opportunity to work outside and prepare for the dreaded snowfall. Unfortunatley, a new animal manages to escape every day and that keeps me running, but I think Iv left enough time to get the wood stocked and mobile home sufficiently insulated for the winter. I paniced alittle, about a week ago, thinking I was running out of time. Untill I realized it was the end of August when I moved here last year and I managed to empty out this place, do some renos, furnish it AND get the place ready for winter so, really, Im doing good this year...lol. Im looking forward to a wonderfull fall:)

3 comments:

  1. Is the snow flying yet? Did you sell the turkeys? Enough firewood for the bitter cold Albertan winter. What types of veggies can you grow there with such a short summer. You sound happy and I am glad. Love your old turning grey friend Jimmy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. O ya I have avocado trees and a pepper plant on my roof top garden

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I need more farm tales to follow

    ReplyDelete