Me and my sis on aunts first farm.

Me and my sis on aunts first farm.
Shelley and Jolene learn to farm early on!

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Alberta bound...

Well, I finally have my hands on a land title with my name on it!! What a feeling to offically own some property. I have had some frusterating days but when I got that piece of paper on Friday, a whole new level of excitement took over. And on Wednesday, Mel and I are going to Alberta, meeting my dad there and will start to get some things done. Im looking forward to getting my hands dirty! Its going to be so different when we get to the farm because I will be looking at the land differently then I have before. Trying to determine where to put the house and how big the garden can be and all kinds of things Iv never thought about when Iv simply been visiting. Im hoping the development permit will have been processed by then so we can get the septic field started but at the very least, my dad can survey the land, escavate an area if needed and get me set up with a company that can istall the septic equipment. We also need to remove a few fallen trees from the fence line and repair it because we will be having a few horses board in the back acres for the winter. When my dad leaves I will be busy securing the loan and dropping off resumes. I hope to be able to keep posting here while Im gone and want to invest in a video camera before I leave to start documenting right from the start. So I hope to have some good footage to share when I get back. im Alberta bouond...

No comments:

Post a Comment