Me and my sis on aunts first farm.

Me and my sis on aunts first farm.
Shelley and Jolene learn to farm early on!

Thursday, June 17, 2010

minor delay....

Well two days ago we found out the transfer papers were rejected(for simply forgetting to put the letters TR after the property plan #, can u beleive it, pain in the butt). I was quite discouraged when I heard this and I found out late in the day so I was in a grumpy mood all night at work. I thought we would have to start the whole process from scratch, it has taken us 6 weeks to get to THIS point and I dont have the time frame to start all over. But turns out alittle pleading over the phone goes a long ways. I called the Land Titles office and spoke with Leslie (this lesson has reminded me to always get a name when you speak with someone over the phone, in case you need to come back to a reference point) Anyways, I used the compassion card, explaining how hard this is for my 94 year old aunt and how the sooner I can get there the better. So she is allowing us to send the papers back in with Elfriede's signature only and they will finally be ready by next week. I have also started the process of appyling for a development permit. Turns out I can use the compassion card here as well because council rarely rejects a request to put a second home on the property if it's purpose is to take care of an elderly family member. And I'v got one of those...lol. So hopefully we wont have any hangups in that area because I would like approval before I get there in July with my pops in order to go ahead with the septic field. Lots of little steps...

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! You rock sis!! Love the pic too BTW. LOL. You've done an amazing job in such a short period of time. It's only been 6 weeks, not, "It's taken 6 weeks". Hope to get out & lend a hand, get a little dirty and teach Seriph what it's like to grow up on a farm. Love and miss ya from both of us.

    ReplyDelete