Me and my sis on aunts first farm.

Me and my sis on aunts first farm.
Shelley and Jolene learn to farm early on!

Sunday, June 13, 2010

continued from last post...

I forgot to mention that one of the first things I have to do when I get there in July is decide where Im going to be put the new home. My dad has the equipment and experience to survey the land and we can determine how much space I have and how big the house can be(based on what I can afford of course) I also want to pay attention to the sun exposure. For obvious reasons I want to position it in order to receive the most amount of direct sun in the winter and the least amount during the summer.From there we can decide where the septic field will go, as well as the pipes for the ground source heating. I spoke with someone I know from the rinks who has installed ground sorce heating and he is going to design a system for me and I will be able to take that to a company in Alberta and they can take it from there. This will save me abit of money not to mention how valuable his advice and guidance will be.Hopefully my loan will finally go thru next week and I can get started on these projects. I can hardly wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment