Me and my sis on aunts first farm.

Me and my sis on aunts first farm.
Shelley and Jolene learn to farm early on!

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

....and day by day

Sept. 7th.
Well dad has gone now and it's just me and Bob again. He's my other dad and has been here since before I arrived and has been a tremendous help!!! The guys at the dump know him by name, he has done so many trips...lol. And we have lots of painting still ahead of ourselves. Trina, Mike and the uhaul are going to be here this weekend so I gotta get cracking.

Sept. 9th.
Well, I have a few less chickens now, thanks to the dogs. Jackson's getting a taste of some free range chickens...lol. I guess it's not so funny for the chickens:(  Going to give the survivors to my closest neighbour, a lady I have known since I was little and she really helped us out when my aunt was in her accident. So Im gonna bring her some slightly frightened chickens.

Sept. 11th.
Got away from the farm for the night to visit with a friend in Alberta. I actually lived with Darcy when I decided to pack up and leave Alberta over 17 tears ago, so she is a witness to my full circle. Im thank full to have her as well as a few old friends still in the area, and looking forward to getting caught up with them. But its back to the farm now and back to painting. The endless painting...

Sept.13th.
Yesterday I went to another farm where, along with my 94 yr old aunt, 4 other women and a teacher and we each made a drum. Its a native healing drum and its about 16 inch in diameter, made of red cedar and elks skin. My aunt signed us up as my welcome home surprise and she has already made 2 others before. Shes an amazing women, still learning all she can. A little bit nuts at times tho...lol

Sept. 14th
Well Trina and Mike have come and gone. They helped unload a ALL my furniture and did a great job painting my living room. The cost of moving my furniture with the rental of trailer, storage, gas and a good dinner for my helpers came to just over $1000, way cheaper then any other quote I received. Plus my good friend Trina got to see where Im going to be holed up for the winter...haha.
I still have lots of painting to do but it's really coming together. And with my furniture in, it feels alittle more like my place. Still have to figure out my Internet situation. I hope to post some pics on here soon, life on the farm:)

No comments:

Post a Comment