Me and my sis on aunts first farm.

Me and my sis on aunts first farm.
Shelley and Jolene learn to farm early on!

Friday, September 24, 2010

I have spent the last couple nights on the farm by myself and just the animals. My folks were here with their travel trailer since I got here so now with that, and them gone, I really feel alone. It was nice to have the beautiful fall moon light up my yard, made it feel alittle less drastic. The animals are all doing good and slowly adjusting to their new routines. The llamas arrived on monday and are very content with the place. They have more grass to eat then they can handle, compared to the pastures they came from, they look alittle overwhelmed..lol.  The goats have been alittle more work. I wanted them in the same corral as the llamas but Buster kept getting out and coming back to the house. I think he wants to be a house pet, no one has told him he's a goat yet...hahaha. I ended up buying 10 ft of lightweight chain and putting a stake in the corral and tethered him to that. He wasent very happy with me but after spending a night in the little barn, I think he feels alittle more comfortable. He's off the chain and not going anywhere, at least for now.  Im doing good, in the process of getting my insurance and registration this week. I forgot about the out of province vehicle inspection I had to have done first. Its abit inconvenient, being here by myself,without another vehicle, but I dropped off the car this morning and Im killing some time in town till it is done. Actually, it was kinda good because I was able to come to the library and get on a computer. Im really hoping that I will be up and running next week, but I have to have someone come out to the property and thats the hold up. Sure will feel good to have that connection to the outside world again...lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment