Me and my sis on aunts first farm.

Me and my sis on aunts first farm.
Shelley and Jolene learn to farm early on!

Saturday, September 11, 2010

day by day journal

Aug 31st.
Jackson and I got to the farm today and were welcomed by a prairie thunderstorm. Jacksons gonna have to get used to that, he sure dosent like the thunder, barks like crazy. Im looking at a house full of stuff, in every nook and cranny, 30 years of stuff!!! I just finished packing my house up and I have a job 3 times bigger here. I have to have everything out of this house by the weekend so that we can get the floors in while my dads here. Yikes, Iv got my work cut out for me!!!

Sept 2nd.
OMG!!! So much stuff to sort out. I have three big piles. Ones going to the dump, one to the "tin shack", a trading post at the dump where the locals delight in other peoples unwanted stuff, and one for recycling. Im also packing up my aunts important things and they will be put into storage for awhile, her furniture stored in the garage for now. And the walls, omg, so many hooks, nails and screws, EVERYWHERE! aawwww, to be 94 yrs old...

Sept 4th.
Well my dad and brother arrived last night, bringing with them my new goats and to my surprise 6 chickens. I was actually telling Bob that I definitely didnt want chickens for the winter and in drives dad with 6 of em. Im not prepared for chickens right now and think I would prefer them in my freeze rather then having fresh eggs for the winter...lol. So now Im in the market for someone to come and butcher them for me. Hope dads not offended

Sept. 6th.
WOW!!! The floors are done. Beautiful laminate flooring!! Im so grateful for all the hard work my dad and bro put in, and what an amazing difference. Pulling up that carpet was alot of work and just to add to the fun, there was old linoleum under neath...lol. What a job! Time to sweep my new floors and on to preparing the walls for painting. Sure am putting in some long days....

No comments:

Post a Comment