Me and my sis on aunts first farm.

Me and my sis on aunts first farm.
Shelley and Jolene learn to farm early on!

Monday, November 8, 2010

winter ready...

Well I think I am about as ready for the snow as Ill ever be at this point. I have a porch full of nice dry wood, split and stacked. I have a full tank of propane for the furnace and a heater hooked up to prevent my water pipes for heating. I have lots of hay, grain and some straw for the animals stored away from the elements in the barn, and I have removed the moldy hair so I have two secure corrals, with shelter for them to hang out in. And I have the dog run and their little barn cleaned up and hooked up with a heat light for the evenings Im at work. And Iv got my fire pit all set up for some winter wiener roasts on sunny, snow days. I got the idea from a friend of a friend. I purchased a roll of reflective installation and some re bar. I cut the roll in half then taped it to make a piece 12 and a half ft long by 4 ft high and staked it around the fire pit. Now when your sitting in your chair and the fire is roaring, all the heat is kept in by the installation. Its genius!! And I had the chance to try it out when my aunty Donna, uncle Mike and the kids, Robert and Megan, came out for a visit(special shout out to aunty Donna for bringing lunch and some delicious muffins) So Im feeling pretty good about things. I would have liked to spent alittle more time preparing the garden for spring, but that cant be helped, Ill have to worry about that in the spring. Now its time to bunker down for the winter and get some research done. Lots to learn and Im forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment