Me and my sis on aunts first farm.

Me and my sis on aunts first farm.
Shelley and Jolene learn to farm early on!

Sunday, May 15, 2011

flagpole cometh....

Yaaaa!!! Im so excited to announce Il  be getting my shinny new flagpole tomorrow. As all my friends can tell you, Im a truly proud Canadian, and I have wanted to fly my own flag for a long time. And to do so on some property I actually own is very thrilling!!! Seriously, I may cry tomorrow...lol. What a great reward for surviving my first, and hopefully worst winter back in Alberta:) Another great reward is seeing the bright green leaves starting on all the trees, the colours are so brilliant and definitely a source of hope. Yaaaa, spring and the season of new beginnings. Tomorrows a big day with the installing of the flagpole but also hopefully getting the garden turned over. I have my neighbour coming over, so without any complications it should be ready to plant after tomorrow. Well maybe not 100%, but by the long weekend for sure. Just in time for my first annual "volunteer work day/ Shelleys bday" celebrations!!! I v already put out some invites so I hope I get a good turn out but I know Im competing with a big pig roast a mile up the same country road as I, so we'll see how it goes. Im offering a mountain of ribs for who ever comes over and does abit of manual labour...lol...we'll see?!

No comments:

Post a Comment