Me and my sis on aunts first farm.

Me and my sis on aunts first farm.
Shelley and Jolene learn to farm early on!

Monday, July 11, 2011

page 2...

The thunderstorms and mosquitos came later. Thankfully we were able to enjoy a weekend of good weather and visiting with family and friends but recentley the weather has been wet and the mosqitos have been swarming, makes for some unpleasent time outside. However, I did enjoy a temendous thunderstorm the other day, oh how Iv missed prairie thunderstorms. I used to hate thunder so much, it would make me want to hide under the bed, althought the lightning fascinated me. Now I love it all and the storm the other day was unreal. The lightning was so fast that the thunder couldnt keep up with it and there was a constant rumble in the sky. I stood outside, quiet except for the agggressive wind in the trees, the pounding rain and the electricity that lite up the sky. I stood there and listened to the rolling rumble, like my dog when he's about to hollow and just cant help the sound in his jowels. The sky just rumbled on and on, a low rumble but continious and slightly spooky. When the storm broke, and the sun cleared, many, many mosquitos were born. And as much as we needed that rain, those mosquitos are wicked creatures this year and will no doubt continue to cause me much grief. Thunderdtorms and mosquitos!!

No comments:

Post a Comment