Me and my sis on aunts first farm.

Me and my sis on aunts first farm.
Shelley and Jolene learn to farm early on!

Sunday, August 28, 2011

on with the timeline...

August 4th: Oh my goodness, I can barely keep up out here!!! I think I mite have taken on alittle too much...lol. Im not used to so many different types of animals. I have grown up on the farm and did alot of chores, but I was just following comads, now I have to make decisions about what to do with these animals....YIKES!! The pigs are now almost 14 weeks and the turkeys are almost 11 weeks and I cant believe how much these things eat...lol. The turkeys alone will eat 100 lbs of food, per turkey, in their 6 month lifespan. Thats insane!!!And expensive. And those friggin pigs are pretty aggressive when they are hungrey....lol. Iv realized the only way im going to make this profitable, next year, is to make my own feed. And thats alot to learn as it is. But, like I said, sooooo much to learn about these animals. I now know what to do when an animal falls with colic. Iv had two lamas suffer from it and although I was quite stressed about the fist one down, I had it pretty much figured out a couple days later when the next one went down. Turns out, all you need, is a little baking soda with water, a goood burp, and make them walk around...and of course a douse of Shelley"s healing powder...lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment